Poker for Beginners – What To Keep in MindPosted on: September 13, 2012, by : bigburlesque
Poker, similar to all the other card games, involves planning and strategy. One may think that winning is impossible here with a bad set of cards, however, the truth is that if you know the tips and tactics of the game, you can increase your chances of winning the game even with a bad set of cards.
Tips for playing on poker star
Compiled below is a list of some essential tips that can help you get better of your opponents in a game of poker.
· Hand strength – If you have a hand that values less than a pair, do not wait for occasions to fold it. These should be folded at the first opportunity that you get. Waiting for the cards that you think may help you in the future may cause you to have a disastrous defeat.
· Maintain your calm expression – Your expression might give way your cards if your opponents are clever or experienced. Senior players are always on the lookout for expressions that suggest if your cards are god or bad. However, this can actually be used as a trick to get the better of your opponents. A good idea is to project an expression that will make your opponents think that you have a good pair of cards, when in reality it is otherwise.
However, it should also be kept in mind that bluffing does not successfully work if you are a beginner in the game. Furthermore, there is always the risk of bluffing often or regularly. This will give a hint to the experienced players about your style, and the trick may not prove to be successful any more.
· Fold boldly – Placing your bet is a very important and also a very threatening factor in any game of poker. The basic rule here is to fold your game without ever being scared. If you’re thinking about an upper or lower limit that will decide when you should fold you pokerstars.it hand, you should feel the game for deciding these. These things can be acquired by experience, and the more you are involved in the game, the better you will know when to bet and also when to fold. Additionally, the rule of the hand strength also applies here. Never expect your later cards to improvise your condition if you do not have something valuable in hand. If the situation demands you to fold, do not be scared at all.
· Patience – Be wise when betting. In simple terms, this means that one should think before placing a bet. Bet only as much as your finances allow you to. Playing poker does not necessarily entitle you to win fortunes, so it is wise that you stay within your financial limits.
· Avoid alcohol – Though alcohol does make one daring and bold, it is recommended that you avoid the consumption of alcohol when playing poker. Alcohol may cause you to become unnecessarily bolder, and eventually you may start betting even on bad cards. It is best to stay away from alcohol especially when you are playing high stakes.
The deployment of an effective strategy is very important if you want to win a game. This takes practice, and also a lot of exposure. If you’re exposed to the game for a sufficiently long period of time, you will have your own secrets and strategies for the game.